+44 (0)1539 244038
Housemistress: Mrs Jennifer Macdonald (email@example.com)
Emblem: The Wolf
The building now called Lupton House was built originally by a local builder as three terraced houses and called Jackson's Buildings. Lupton received its fixed name in 1908 and is named after Roger Lupton, the Founder of Sedbergh School.
Its first Housemaster was Bernard Tower, who transferred himself and boys to the newly built Hart House in 1890 leaving Ralph St John Ainslie to take over Lupton. Mr Ainslie was the writer of most of the School Songs and an excellent caricaturist.
It was closed as a boys' boarding house in 1995 and became the Lupton Centre until 2001. It was then reopened as a girls' boarding house.
Names of note
Famous sons of Lupton include Freddie Spencer Chapman, Philip Mason, Sir Giles Shaw, Roger Vignoles and Sir Christopher Bland.