+44 (0)1539 244039
Housemistress: Mrs Hayley Christy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Colours: Turquoise Aqua
The core buildings of Robertson House were originally the school's Sanatorium, the foundation stone of which was laid in 1884.
When Cressbrook School in Kirkby Lonsdale (founded in 1913 by Felix Dowson, Evans House 1892 - 1897) was closed in July 1976, arrangements were made to take in their senior boys. To do this the medical facilities of the School were concentrated in the eastern end of the Sanatorium and the remainder of the building was occupied by the boys and staff, with minimal adjustments.
Major alterations were undertaken in 1979 - 1980 by which time a Junior House had become a possible permanent feature of the school and more changes followed in 1983 when the new Sanatorium opened and the whole building became the Junior House, Cressbrook. In September 2002, Cressbrook House underwent a new transformation, becoming a Girls' boarding House and receiving a new name, Robertson House, in honour of Mr Michael and Mrs Maureen Robertson.
In 2005 - 2006 major extensions and alterations were made to the House and the adjoining Marshall House was renovated in 2003 and is run as an annexe to Robertson.
Names of note
The first Housemaster of Cressbrook House was Peter Yorke and that of Robertson, Brandon Glover.