Tel: +44 (0)15396 20307
Housemaster: Mr Chris Hattam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Emblem: The Kingfisher
School House was first occupied in the summer of 1878, the first of the new purpose-built boarding houses to be completed and it was intended as a 'Headmaster's House with accommodation for two assistant masters and fifty boarders.'
Until 1967, the Headmaster of Sedbergh School was also the Housemaster of School House. Although built to the pattern of the other boarding houses it had the distinguishing bell-tower, presumably to denote its importance as the Headmaster's residence. The Reverend Frederick Heppenstall was the first Headmaster to occupy School House and Michael Thornely was the last.
Past occupants of School House include Brendan Bracken, Logie Bruce Lockhart, Lord B-L, Major-General Michael Walsh, Sir Jock Slater and Richard Suart. David Douglas, James Simpson-Daniel, Barry Pain, James Birdsall, Colin Matthew, Robert Napier, William Wavell Wakefield and JSC Wordsworth were also Old Sedberghians with a School House connection.