1st XV V Wellington College Won 37-34 
Sedbergh produced an outstanding performance to defeat an unbeaten Wellington College in what was a brilliant advertisement for School boy rugby.  Both teams went into the match in electric form and it was Sedbergh that took the early advantage when Alex Moon crashed over in the corner after a very patient attack.

On the edge of the half time break Wellington replied with a try of their own as they capitalised on some confusion in the Sedbergh line out to score from close range. The second half was a magnificent spectacle as both sides played with real intensity and a desire to win.

Sedbergh had the better first period as they scored two tries to Alistair Crossdale and a second to Moon. Wellington could not be put away though as they continually looked dangerous with every touch of the ball. At 27 – 22 Sedbergh scored what looked like the crucial try which would finally put their opposition away but again it would not be the case as Wellington replied with two tries of their own in very quick succession to level the score at 34 all.

With three minutes remaining Sedbergh were awarded a penalty 43 metres out which gave them the opportunity to kick at Goal. McPhillips who had not missed all night calmly stepped up under huge pressure and kicked Sedbergh into the lead with incredible composure.

With a minute remaining Wellingtons never say die attitude again saw them come close to the Sedbergh line from the kick off, but this time it was a strong Sedbergh defence that desperately kept them out to complete a famous victory at Coventry.  
Tries: Crossdale 2, Moon 2
McPhillips 4 cons, 3 pens


A1 V Wellington College Lost 23-19 

Wednesday 12th November
A2 V RGS Lancaster Won 50-0
Sedbergh started the game with the slope and were in the ascendancy from the start with three quick tries from Seb Hemmings. Further tries followed at regular intervals as A2 hit fine form on a sticky difficult pitch.

The scoring slowed down in the second half,as RGS fought back and pressurised the visitors line. Sedbergh weathered the storm and eventually broke out to score two further tries making it a comprehensive victory. 


C2 V Ermysteds Lost 19-12

Saturday 15th November
1st XV V Kirkham GS Lost 22-12

After a big victory midweek Sedbergh returned home to Buskholme to host an unbeaten Kirkham side. Straight from the kick off it was evident that the visitors were ready to perform as they piled the pressure on Sedbergh with two early tries to lead 12-0. Sedbergh then replied quickly with a well taken try of their own from James Orritt who crashed over the line from short range.

With half time fast approaching Kirkham went on the attack to score what would be the try of the match as they capitalised on some poor defence to further extend their lead to 19-5.

The second half proved to be a frustrating one for Sedbergh as they made countless handling errors which lead to turnover ball. Harry Halsall gave the home side a glimmer of hope with ten minutes to go when he scored out wide but it was ultimately too little too late as Kirkham ran down the clock and sealed a big away victory on Busk. 
Tries: Orritt, Halsall
McPhillips 1 Con


2nd XV V Kirkham GS Won 55-0
Defence was very impressive against a decent pack. Ed Irons and Angus Brown were the pick of the forwards. 2nd XV backs were again a level above their opponents…
Tries: Savage 4, Corder, Blackhall, Cowell, Irons, Jackson
Cons; 5/9


A1 V Kirkham GS Won 60-5

B1 V Kirkham GS Lost 27-7
Kirkham dominated possession and territory on a frustrating afternoon for B1 and were ruthless in converting pressure into points. Ben Goni’s dazzling 60m try late in the second half was the highlight for the boys in Brown. 


B2 V Kirkham GS Won 47-0
Strong up front and moved the ball well in the backs to create space early on; another good win.


C1 V Kirkham GS Won 54-0
A wet and heavy pitch did not stop C1 producing probably their most complete and free-flowing performance of the season so far. Kirkham could not match our intensity at the breakdown and the large amount of possession this gave us was well exploited by the back division.

Rodriguo Iglesias-Valverde looked sharp on the wing, grabbing two tries, whilst James Magee at fullback looked back to his best, adding another couple to his tally. Defence was excellent throughout. 


C2 V Kirkham GS Won 73-0


National Senior Championships Round 1
Match 1 v Egglescliffe – Won 5-1

The boys started the day off with a convincing win. Two great doubles wins ensured the pressure was on Egglescliffe to mount a comeback early on. However, solid singles performances from Nick Giraud and George Hollings particularly ensured the victory quite swiftly. 

Match 2 v Yarm – Won 4-2
A tougher task now faced the lads as Yarm in previous years had been a dominant team. However, once again we started well and dominated the doubles matches with Toby Randall-Paley and Max Hiedersdorf playing some great tennis throughout. The singles games were closer, although we only needed to win 2 out of 4 to ensure the victory and George Hollings along with Max did just that. 


Follow Sedbergh: