EX MAPLE TASTE GB U19 TRAINING WEEKEND
- Sedbergh wins Top Awards at Inspired Marketers Awards - January 21, 2022
- Sedbergh Prep Welcomes South Lakes Primary Schools for Cross Country Trials - January 20, 2022
- 1st XI Cricket Captain Named in Lancashire Cricket Academy 2022 - January 10, 2022
As members of Sebergh School Rifle Shooting team attend the Maple Taste Training Weekend, Charlie Cowen takes some time out to reflect on his involvement in target rifle shooting.
1. When did you start shooting?
Year 9 but my greatest achievement in the school’ indoor range was scoreing a perfect score of 100 whilst trailing for an England team. My favourite memory was shooting for Yorkshire alongside some of the world’s greatest shots including OS John Warburton.
2. How do you think shooting has benefited you?
There are opportunities to travel to amazing places such as Canada where I shall tour with the British Cadet Rifle Team this August. There is also a GB tour to South Africa which I hope to attend in the future. You need real commitment and teamwork as well as independence and organisational skills.
3. What are you most looking forward to about Maple Taste?
I am really looking forward to meeting the other Athelings and gaining even more experience from them and some of the world’s top coaches.
4. What advice do you have for people aspiring to become top shots?
If you really want to be successful in rifle shooting you must be willing to practise hard, act on advice and persevere.
5. What is your long-term aspiration?
Get into the full GB team on a tour to the world championships.