Safe Schools UK Initiative
- Sedbergh School ranked amongst the top boarding schools in the world - March 10, 2023
- Sedbergh Duo Selected into British Biathlon Development Squad - March 3, 2023
- Work Commences on Two New Synthetic Pitches - February 21, 2023
We are delighted to be a part of the Safe Schools UK initiative, committing to the new Boarding Schools Association (BSA) Covid-Safe Charter.
On 10th May, the UK Government announced to the nation the roadmap to ending lockdown. On Tuesday 26th May, the BSA formally announced the BSA Covid-Safe charter. With that in mind, the Safe Schools UK initiative has been set up to allow schools to quickly and clearly communicate to students, parents and their communities the safety measures that will be in place.
Whilst it is impossible to eliminate risk entirely, it is possible for schools to put in procedures and policies that serve to reduce the risk of transmission. In alignment with the Safe Schools UK statement, this means schools will:
- Allow students to wear face masks in school
- Ensure appropriate PPE for staff who require it
- Provide a suitable isolation area to care for pupils who show symptoms
You can read more about the safety measures we have arranged at Sedbergh School in our new document Safe at Sedbergh.
In addition to the above commitments, the Safe Schools UK initiative further outlines measures to create further confidence and reassurance in schools. You can read the full list here.
To read the full BSA Charter click here.