Sedbergh supports BSA Covid-Safe charter
- Sedbergh School ranked amongst the top boarding schools in the world - March 10, 2023
- Sedbergh Duo Selected into British Biathlon Development Squad - March 3, 2023
- Work Commences on Two New Synthetic Pitches - February 21, 2023
As a member school, Sedbergh School & Sedbergh Prep School are proud to support the Boarding Schools’ Association (BSA) Covid-Safe Charter. In the supporting of this document, we confirm that they will comply with all government rules and guidance and will meet the set requirements when boarding reopens.
The concept behind the Charter is that it is a voluntary code which schools can adopt, with the aim of giving reassurance to international boarders and their parents that schools have done everything they can to ensure their safety when they return.
Work is ongoing to ensure the safe return of our pupils at Sedbergh, which is outlined in our Safe at Sedbergh document.
As outlined in our document, we can confirm some of the following procedures we are set to introduce:
- The school will open 14 days before the start of term so overseas pupils can complete their quarantine at Sedbergh School.
- The wearing of masks and gloves is permitted
- All pupils will have their temperatures taken four times a day through non-intrusive measures in their boarding houses.
At Sedbergh Prep School, we have been delighted to welcome back pupils from Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 this week. The wellbeing and safety of our whole community is our highest priority, whilst still remaining the School that our pupils know and love.
Safe at Sedbergh Prep document provides information and reassurance about our action plan to guard against Covid-19 during this first phase of re-opening.
You can read the BSA Covid-Safe Charter document here.