Thank you for your interest in Sedbergh School. Families are warmly invited to set up a virtual visit with our Admissions Team, when they will be able to meet our staff, ask questions and discover more about the School.
To find out more, or to arrange a visit, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Visit Sedbergh: families may wish to bring their child/ren on the first visit, or may prefer to pay an initial visit alone, then return for a second visit with them; both options are warmly welcomed.
Register Your Child/ren: to formalise an application please Register your child/ren. Registration Forms are available from the Registrars; the Registration Fee is £125.00 (non refundable). It is recommended that children are Registered at least 18 months prior to their start date. A copy of your child/ren’s most recent School Report is required alongside the Registration Form.
Sedbergh asks that applicants demonstrate that they will be able to access the curriculum and that the School will be able to support academic progress. Sedbergh also asks that pupils arrive with a willingness to participate in both academic and extra-curricular activities, the day to day life of the School, and with the desire to make a positive contribution.
- All applicants will be interviewed by the Headmaster or a member of the Senior Leadership team, and will take an aptitude test.
- Those applying for entry to Year 9 will either take the ISEB Common Entrance exams, or Sedbergh’s papers in maths and English/English as an additional Language.
- Those applying to 6th Form will complete an Essay paper and must submit GCSE predicted results and, when available, mock exam results.
Sedbergh will, with parental permission, contact the applicant’s current School for a reference from their current Head Teacher.
Boarding Taster: all applicants are encouraged to come for a ‘boarding taster’ for up to 48 hours as part of the application and/or familiarisation process. For applicants to Year 9 this is best undertaken during Year 8. Please do contact the Registrar to discuss this further.
- Given the current Government restrictions in place, Sedbergh will now be holding Virtual Open Days instead of the normal campus-based experience. Please check back for information about our next date.
- All Families considering Sedbergh for their children are invited.
- We hope to run a campus-based Open Morning on Saturday 19th September.
- If you’d rather book a virtual visit please click here
Sedbergh offers the opportunity to be assessed for a Scholarship Award for entry to Year 9 and to Sixth Form.
Scholarship assessments are held in Academics, Art, Design & Technology, Drama, Music and Sport (main sports assessed are rugby, hockey, netball, and athletics; secondary sports assessed are tennis, target shooting, and swimming).
A Scholarship Award is recognition of outstanding excellence in a particular field or fields. Awards are made at the gift of the Headmaster. Sedbergh commits to developing the talents of all Scholars to their fullest. Scholars are expected to continue their commitment to this development and to be role models to others in the School.
To find out more please contact Mrs Amanda Ferguson on +44 (0) 1524 279 211 or [email protected]
Sedbergh School welcomes bursary applications from families who might, under ordinary circumstances, not consider Sedbergh School for their child for financial reasons.
Having already contacted the Registrar, and Registered your child’s application to Sedbergh, you should contact the Tony Roberts, Deputy Bursar (Compliance and Governance), on +44 (0) 7967 326458 for guidance on making an application.
Sedbergh School is committed to widening access by enabling children, who would not otherwise be able, to join the School, and to allow children to remain in the event of an unforeseen change in a family’s financial circumstances. However, Bursarial funds are limited and therefore distributed as beneficially as possible based on a wide range of criteria, not just financial.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence, means tested, and will be considered against any entitled concessions, current or pending awards or scholarships which may be combined into one level of support. A personal or online application interview or home visit may be required.
For details on our policy, please click here.
|Old Sedberghian||10%||Either a Parent or Grandparent would qualify|
|1st Sibling||5%||When a 2nd sibling Registers, Accepts and pays the required deposit for a place in either the Prep or Senior School, then the first sibling will enjoy 5% gross fee reduction. All sibling concessions are non-concurrent.|
|HM Services||10%||Any parent who is a serving member of HMS|
For parents of children who will be joining Sedbergh, please click HERE to reach New Starter Information, The Parent Handbook and Admissions Forms including:
- Pupil Arrival Dates and Times for September 2019
- Sedbergh School Terms and Conditions
- The Parent Handbook which includes information about
- Contact details for the School and Boarding Houses
- Requirements for Laptops
- Sedbergh School Digital Media
- And more
- Medical Information
- New Pupil Admissions Forms
- For all new pupils
- For new pupils resident outside the UK
- Information about Insurance
- The Direct Debit Mandate
Information about the School Shop, Brown of Sedbergh, and the Uniform Guide and Lists can be found by clicking HERE
Find out more about the Old Sedberghian Club
Find out about the Sedbergh School Foundation
Meet the Admissions Team
Admissions Enquiry Form
Complete the form below and we will be in contact shortly