Choosing GCSEs is an important milestone in your son or daughter’s education. This page provides a summary of the GCSE subjects that will be offered at Sedbergh from September 2023.
All Year 10 pupils study the following core subjects:
- English (or English as an Additional Language)
- English Literature
Four additional subjects are chosen, which normally include a language, a humanity and two other subjects from the list of all options offered at GCSE. The aim is to maintain as broad a curriculum as possible in order to keep post-GCSE options open.
Pupils need to choose one subject from each block below.
- All pupils will have one lesson a week in PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education).
- Learning Support lessons, in place of one option, is a possibility for some pupils.
- English as an Additional Language lessons can also take the place of one option.
- Classical Civilisation
- Religious Studies
OTHER SUBJECTS OFFERED
- Computer Science
- Design (RMT) or Design (Silversmith)
- Physical Education (PE)